|Located on the slopes of Mount Boussuivre Loire, MONTCHAL, originally hamlet in the parish of Panissieres became village in 1829. The update on the prehistoric site of stones Folles "showed a very ancient human presence. Over time, this agricultural village has become a thriving center of weaving. In 1944, MONTCHAL was a dramatic episode of the resistance. A monument to the memory of the fallen rebels that day was built in Magat near the scene of combat. Today, new activities (crafts, mechanical) complete the textile Denis whose institutions are the flag bearers.|
Altitude : 640 m – 450 habitants, les « Montchaliens »
Commerce multi services: restaurant, grocery food, bread, newspapers, point position, car, bus service, guest room - Games for children at the stage - Coin picnic
The house of local history (archaeological finds, minerals, weaving, combat bush ...), the church of 1839, the workshop ceramicists, memorial Magat of fighting.